Search

No Sugar Added

I may be crazy.  Maybe....Bwhahaha!   I have decided to go 30 days without sugar.  Why?  I can't really give you one solid reason!
Ok, I may not be able to give one BIG reason, but there are a couple of smaller ones.  One is that I haven't been happy with how I feel after I have a lot of sugar, especially at night.  My heart races, I can't sleep, and I feel pretty yucky.  That said, I looooove dessert.   Love love.  I come from a long line of very talented dessert eaters.  In fact, my grandpa used to say that a meal wasn't finished without something sweet.  I blame genetics.   :)
Another reason?   Baby weight.  I only have about a pound and a half left (I know...no big deal) but I really want it gone.  My goal isn't weight as much as feeling fit, but I think this *may* jump start my losing that last little bit. 
I am not cutting out every sugar.  I still plan to eat fruit and I am not going to withhold bread or crackers (for example) if a bit of sugar is an ingredient.   I am a mom with three very little littles, I can't get too crazy.  Otherwise I will end up skipping meals altogether and that won't be good for anyone.  I am,sadly, giving up my Orgain protein shakes.  Those things have been key when I don't have time to eat.  The other thing is coffee.  You see, I don't drink coffee so much as warm chocolate milk with a splash of coffee flavor.  In preparation for giving up sugar I have been weaning myself off of caffeine.   I don't want to be homicidal ya'll.  The caffeine had become part of my new baby haze and with little Belle sleeping better, things are improving.  Who knows?  Maybe I will try it black!  Yeah, probably not.
Our adventure on the farm with Daddy's birthday cake was my last hurrah for the next 30 days.  Wish me luck, I am fully expecting a crazy sugar withdrawal person to be living in my body for the next few days.  Actually wish my family luck.  Anyone want to join me? It seems crazy!

No comments

Post a Comment